We are taking your privacy seriously. That is why we don't permanently log any identifying information while you use our site normally, including:
- Creating and viewing rooms
- Up- and downloading files
- Writing and receiving messages in the chat
If you upload a file a to Volafile, your IP will be stored until the file has expired or was deleted. This means that all metadata will usually be removed after 2 days.
If you choose to register an account we have to save some additional data that can be tied to your person:
- Rooms created by your account.
We need this to grant you ownership status of rooms you created.
- Number of files and amount of data uploaded.
We use this to rank you against other users in the global toplists.
Using an account does not change anything about the way we store your IP address or other data.
If our system detects malicious activity from your IP address, or a moderator manually flags your activity as such (i.e bans or mutes), we may collect some/all of the following data for an indefinite timespan:
- Visited URLs, time of visit and IP address
- Uploaded files and metadata
Any of the following may be regarded as malicious activity:
- Uploading of content prohibited by the rules
- Using Volafile in a way which violates German law
- DOS/DDOS attacks
- Any activity we consider harmful to Volafile and the service we provide
Cookies and storage